Monday, August 29, 2011

My introduction!

Hello!
I’ve created this blog to try to get some of my real world fitness knowledge out to my friends and coworkers.   I get a lot of emails asking for help with fat loss or putting on muscle mass.  I thought this would be a great way for me to reach as many people as I can with the least amount of work.  J  You must remember I’m a single dad that has his own fitness goals to achieve as well!
Quick bio-
  • 26 years old, Father of 1 beautiful girl, living in Colorado.
  • Grew up doing competitive martial arts from the age of 7 (still competing in my free time)
  • Martial arts gave me core knowledge with bodyweight fitness programs
  • Career Firefighter/EMT since2008. (I know dieting at the firehouse is hard, but it's possible)
  • Lifting weights for the past 8 year recreationally
  • Started competitive bodybuilding in 2011
  • My first show I won the Novice overall title as a lightweight
  • My second show I won the Open overall title as a lightweight.
My first bodybuilding show was an amazing learning experience for me.  I learned a lot about myself cutting weight and sticking to a strict diet and workout program.  I will go into more detail about my program in later days, but I’ll just say now that I dropped 30 pounds in 12 weeks and felt amazing doing it!  I encourage anyone that enjoys fitness to get on stage at least once in your life.  It took my mind and body to whole new level!!
Here is my before and after pictures from my 12 week prep.  I’m standing next to my 1st place novice lightweight trophy, 1st place open lightweight trophy, and the Novice overall medal.  Not a bad take for my first bodybuilding competition! I went from 183lbs to 153lbs.

1 comment: