Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First visit to Armbrust Pro Gym for a Leg Day

Today I got my first taste of a real gym.  Sorry to my corprate friends, your child care is essential to me, but this was a treat.  It was awesome to step into a place with so many free weights you didn’t know where to start.  Start with hack squats… sure but which one?  I’m used to just getting on THE hack squat machine.  This gym has an entire room dedicated to legs.  So to be short and get on with this post; Go spend $10 and check this place out. It is definitely worth the drive and money.  Check out his website at http://armbrustprogym.com


4240 Kipling St. Wheatridge CO, 80033


Being in a new place made me a little more eagar to change things up for the day.  Through the guidance of my workout partner, another NPC Bodybuilding competitor, we worked our way through a high volume quad and calves day, which was new for me.  Keeping the weight a little lower we completed 3 to 5 sets of 15 to 25 reps on the Hack, Vertical Leg Press, and single leg press machines.   Then we finished off with calves seated then standing for two sets of 40 each. 10’s of straight, in, out, and straight again.  My legs were destroyed walking out.  A good day.

Eric Morales on High Volume Hacks
 

Here's a good video of what Armbrust Pro Gym has of offer from Dyan Armbrust himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment