Friday, September 9, 2011

Cardio

  • Morning Cardio
6 AM! It is time to get up and get going.  There are only so many hours in a day.  Before I know it the baby will be up, and anyone that has been around an almost 2 year old knows that cardio is not a possibility if they are awake.  My weapon of choice is the ProForm Cycle trainer.  It’s completely silent which a necessity with my daughter sleeping in the room right new to mine. 
Get Up and Get Going!
The first things I do when waking is grab some water, a serving of BCAA’s and my IPod.  I do cardio on an empty stomach because it’s the best time to burn fat.  Your body has been fasting all night and is glycogen depleted.  So any low intensity cardio you do will burn fat instead of glycogen.  The BCAA’s are to help with muscle catabolism (muscle loss).  I try to keep my heart rate around 140.  This has seemed to work good for me so far.

  • After Weights Cardio
My second session of cardio is right after I’m done lifting weights.  Once again this is when the body is glycogen depleted.  Your heavy weights session will cause you to burn up a lot of carbs leaving you depleted. I will do 30 to 45 minutes of cardio after all my weights workout except for my leg day.  I will use the elliptical of the stair mill most often.  Once again I keep my heart rate around 140.  Make sure to get your post workout meal or shake in you when you’re finished with cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment